COVID-19 Testing & Vaccinations in San Antonio
On-Site Vaccinations, Screenings, & Treatments Available
Do you have confirmed or suspected exposure to COVID-19? Even if you are only concerned with minor symptoms, we invite you to our offices at Full Spectrum Emergency Room and Urgent Carefor world-class expedient care in a clean and friendly environment with no wait! Open 24/7/365. We are committed to going above and beyond the CDC guidelines to ensure your safety and the safety of our communities. Most major health insurance providers are covering 100% of the cost for visits and testing related to Coronavirus (COVID-19) with no expense to patients.
Special Note: We do NOT utilize the ALERE Rapid COVID-19 Test. Our test is processed in a high complexity lab with strict quality control to ensure accurate specificity and sensitivity. You can be assured we only use testing equipment and laboratories that meet FDA requirements.
Full Spectrum Urgent Care is now offering the Pfizer BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccination. This vaccination is offered to anyone 16 years of age or older. Per the Cares Act, this vaccine is at no cost to you!
If you have yet to receive the vaccine and would like to set up an appointment, please follow the link below:
COVID-19 Registration Forms
- Please note that after registering for the vaccination, you will automatically be redirected to select a time/date that works for you.
- What to expect after getting a COVID-19 vaccine
- Fact sheet for recipients and caregivers
Types of COVID-19 Testing
See below for a list of Covid-19 tests available at our facilities at Full Spectrum Emergency Room and Urgent Care, as well as a brief overview of each test.
- Antigen Test (Rapid Test) – Designed to detect protein from the virus in anyone infected. It is made specifically to find any presence of harmful and contagious active virus cells.
- SARS-CoV-2 (PCR Swab) – This type of testing is considered the “Gold Standard” for testing COVID-19 infections. Our Emergency Room offers the PCR test in-house with our moderate complexity lab for rapid detection and treatment. Our Urgent Care can provide PCR testing via reference lab with results available in 24-48 hours through a patient portal.
- SARS-COV-2, AntiBody (Blood Test) - Antibody tests detect any known infections by looking at your blood. Results may be detected in the serum and plasma samples of infected patients 7–10 days after infection. Our Urgent Care can provide antibody testing via reference lab with results available in 24-48 hours through a patient portal.
Monoclonal Antibody Infusion COVID-19 Treatment
At Full Spectrum ER, we are taking preventative measures for our community by closely monitoring national and statewide updates relating to the novel coronavirus (COVID19). Fortunately for our community, Full Spectrum ER has been designated as an approved site to administer Monoclonal Antibody therapies to combat the COVID19 pandemic and save lives!
The FDA has granted Emergency Use Authorization for Bamlanivimab + Etesevimab which is a combination of Monoclonal Antibody Infusion Therapy. This infusion is given through an IV and takes about an hour to administer; however, the total treatment takes longer to monitor any changes or side effects.
What is a Monoclonal Antibody Infusion?
A Monoclonal Antibody Infusion is an investigational medicine used for the treatment of COVID-19 in non-hospitalized adults who are at high risk of developing severe COVID-19 symptoms. Monoclonal Antibodies are proteins made in the lab to mimic the immune system and combat harmful viruses.
Bamlanivimab and Etesevimab are neutralizing antibody drugs that assist with creating “passive immunity” against COVID19. Monoclonal antibodies are given by an IV infusion that can speed recovery, as well as aid in a patient's overall health.